Music

Talking about Glee made me think a little. When and where did i start appreciating music? How did it all begin?

I started singing since i was 4. I grew up in a family who loved karaoke and singing. Even relatives loves it. Even those who can't sing steal the mic sometimes. But i know i grew up with music. Classical, traditional, rock, blues and all sorts of genres. My life revolved around music.

When i got into primary school, i joined Malay Dance and Band. And good Lord, i hated Band. It was music, yes, but just not the music i was into. Well, i stayed for a good year in it and quit and focused on dancing. Well, traditional dancing was something i could enjoy. Knowing my body is moving in beat and flowing with the rhythm was amazing and i enjoyed it. Working with friends who had the same passion was even more enjoyable.

In secondary school, i continued the same CCA but i got myself busy with singing as well. I developed a habit of making covers and singing in the canteen or when hanging out with friends. I guess it kinda made me happy or it helps relief some of the stress i had. And there i go, signing up for events in school to sing on stage or create a small performance in the foyer. Well, music was kinda my life.

Then Poly life appeared and opportunities to sing was bigger than ever. However, it also clashed with my own passion for photography. So i signed up for both. I got in into photography first and then auditioned for a group thing call Rhapsody. It was kinda like glee but also like choir. Then i waited for the results. And i got in. But training and practice days for both this after school activities crashed. And since i owed it to a senior of mine, i backed off the the Rhapsody and took up Photography. 

And now, i sing just for making covers on Youtube. My brothers helps me with my voice pitching and toning but there's only so much he can do. But its enough for me. I don't know how far i would go with singing but all i know is I'll never stop, well unless my voice sounds like a frog or something really horrible then yes, i will stop singing. And now that Glle has started again, it'll be my motivation to sing and do my best for it. I guess i do have to thank Glee for part of the reason why i'm singing. Glee could also be a lesson for people. I mean its a good show and now i'm ranting. 

Basically this is what music is to me. Music is my: passion, motivation, feelings and LIFE.

Comments

Popular Posts