Another shot of whiskey please, bartender~
Hey guys! I know i've been neglecting my blog alot but life has been pretty hectic for me recently. I've been thrown all around and i've got little time to even breathe.. But all that aside, since you guys dont really care about how miserable i am, here's my story.
I'm not gonna be usual and talk about my day and post pictures of how much or with who i spent them with. For me, this post is rather serious. So let me begin.
If you guys have been following my blog from the start or somehow recently, you might have read a post where i kind exposed most of myself. Expose as in not naked shit and stuff, but expose as in the deep things that people rarely know about me. If you have been following, then you guys should know that i'm working as a bartender.
WOOPWOOP, you guys must think its fun. But here's an inside scope to things that people dont really know. Bartenders are pretty outgoing and social, well most of us are. We deal with all different kinds of shit on a daily basis(well for those who work daily, that is). We deal with people screaming in our faces, demanding for an exchange of drinks(cause it was not satisfactory) or sometimes even get the drinks thrown back at our faces. Worst comes to worse, we deal with such judgmental people that criticize the way we earn our money for a living.
Yes, i've said this a thousand times, i am a Muslim and this isnt exactly the best career or job for me, but it pays my bills and gets me my necessities. So stop bullshitting or reminding me about how much this job should not even be on my list of jobs. I got the job, i'm happy with it. SO DEAL WITH IT.
Recently, i encountered a customer that sat down at the bar and drowned his sorrows in his drinks. I had to obviously listen to people like him blabber on and on and still plaster a smile on my face. But this guy had me hooked to his stories. Its nothing much, but its the occasional smile that he has when he was telling me about how perfect and amazing his daughter was. She loved him and cared for him and tried her best to always make him happy. But because of one mistake, his daughter left him. His mistake was to divorce with his wife. His daughter now gives him the cold shoulder and doesnt talk to him at all. He doesnt even get to see her because her daughter hates his guts.
It kinda got me thinking, i dont know if i've blogged about this but my family had once almost separated apart. My dad and my mum almost went separate ways. I kinda somehow couldnt help but relate to that story. What if i was that daughter and the man was my father. What if my parents had broken apart and i hated one of them and they ended up this way. I felt guilty somehow. And i'm glad it never came down to that because my parents are still together and trying to work it all out. I wouldnt want my dad to be msierable or my mum drinking all her pain away. It would be wrong.
So when the man left, he was partly sober and he had this huge smile plastered on his face and he said i reminded him of his daughter. He got off his seat and left a huge tip and walked away. I didnt know why, but i didnt take tip. I gave it to my colleagues instead.
I guess sometimes, there are times our jobs, no matter how bad or how disrespectful it may seem to people, we learn from it. Like how i learnt from this man. I still cant forget how he always kept asking me for another shot of whiskey.

Comments
Post a Comment