Chingay LIVE Broadcast

So hello lovely people! Today was a nerve-wrecking/scary/fun/enjoyable/happy experience. But before i start the whole post proper, i just need to say this, " CHINGAY IS FINALLY GOD DAMN FUCKING DONE FOR ME!" Teehee, now lets begin.

So today i woke up at about 8.30am and was worrying so much about the live broadcast that was gonna be happening for Chingay later. I had a pretty long shower and made some important decisions and stuff like that. I do not know why, but i've recently chosen the bathroom as one of the places to make decisions in. Weirdo, i know. So i got myself dressed up and could not find the new white shirt that i intended to wear and ended up wearing something that i had already had for quite a while now. I had sprayed my hair some kind of special solution to make sure it stayed straight and presentable for the video broadcast later. I had put on some light make-up and settled my hair and was pretty sure i looked good for a video shoot. :)

I was group up with Shahliza and Shafeenah. Shahliza and i planned to meet up early at Lot One to revise the script that we had for the broadcast. But it turn out that we did not need the script after all. What a waste of effort on Shahliza's side since she was the one who wrote it. But then another news hit us when one of our group member, Yanthini could make it due to personal reasons. We were kinda freaking out a little bit and also adding to that, Shafeenah was pretty darn sick. And me and Shahliza, ended up being stuck at the bus stop cause it was raining and there was no shelter to walk to the meet-up area.

So at 5.30pm, we met up with the in-charge of the whole broadcast and had a short briefing on what was expected of us. Shafeenah then joined us a little later because she came from the doctors. And both Shahliza and I were pretty worried for her cause her condition was pretty bad. She was dazed most of the time and had trouble breathing properly. Girl, get your well deserve rest and get better soon alright.
So Mr Fairuz had drove us to the particular stations and venues that we had to broadcast at. Although it was his car and we were driven by some stranger we barely even knew, Shahliza and I were pretty comfortable that we were singing along to the songs played on the radio and just minding our own business desite being in some starnger's car. Shafeenah, well, she needed to rest her throat and she was pretty much quiet the whole time.

So after the whole thing ended at about 8.30pm or so, Shafeenah left first since she could not take it anymore and went home. Shahliza and I were pretty excited about our broadcast and was sharing it on both our twitter and facebook despite our phone batteries running low. Well, we needed our few moments of fame kay. We watched our broadcast and we did pretty well and were fairly proud of ourselves. We hugged each other and congratulate each other for the good work we did and just enjoyed the performance that was on stage.

I then introduced Shahliza to my best friend, Iffa and they got along pretty well. I mean i did not expect the chemistry to be so good but i'm kinda glad too actually. At least it was not awkward or anything and we could all joke together and tease each other. We went for a late dinner at McDonalds and somehow got into a conversation about how everything is so expensive and rising prices. I felt so old and y'know kinda realized that so much has changed in Singapore.
So after dinner, we all trained back home and we accompanied Shahliza for about 5 minutes at Marsiling station for her dad. I felt kinda bad to leave her alone late at night, since it was almost 11.30pm when we got there. So when she left, both Iffa and I headed home.

I have to say that today was one amazing experience going around interviewing and broadcasting for Chingay. It was scary at first but we got the hang of it and it became pretty enjoyable and fun for all 3 of us. It was something that was new and very interesting. Thanks PA and RP for giving us this chance and exposure to get ourselves ready for the future projects that we are about to handle. Its been amazing. So you guys practically read this long post and its coming to the end. So this next time, BYE!
Future faces of the television :)

Comments

Popular Posts