Summing up 2013
| "The past is always tense, the future perfect." Zadie Smith |
JANUARY:
I started off my 2013, sick. I didn't get to celebrate my new year and instead i was home and asleep and feeling shitty as hell. When i got better, i kick started the year by being a student journalist and photographer for Chingay 2013. Hell yes! Despite the bad start, i got a good opportunity to learn and expose myself to real work environment as a journalist trying to get good interviews and pictures to write as well as to compliment the article i had written. I swear, it was the best part of the school semester then. But the schedules and time i sacrifice for it was crazy but it the end it was worth it. Also, in this month, i posted one of my favourite covers of all time(also because it got me through quite a few singing auditions) hehehehe. I did a cover of Secrets by OneRepublic Please do check it out! Thank guys! HEHEHEHEHE. Also, i got my first night stay at Marina Bay Sands. Like wooohooooo! I got a great view and finally being able to swim in the infinity pool was awesome!
FEBRUARY:
Chingay ended! Woohooo! So basically one of the heavy loads got lifted off and obviously another load got put on my shoulder because UT3 was just around the corner. This month was kinda filled with me making covers i think. I did a few in this month and i even did an audition video for The Final 1 whch is a cover of Try by P!nk. But sadly I didn't get through and whatever not. So that still didn't stop me from making covers. I moved on with life and did another cover of an original song by another youtuber, Tyler Ward, the song i covered is called The Hardest Thing. And some kind soul actually found my video and posted in on Tyler Ward's FB page and he actually watched it and commented on my video that was posted on his page! Like HELL YEAH! MY video got noticed, bitches! HAHAHAHAHA! Best thing that happened for the month!
MARCH:
We celebrated Sam's birthday with a bowling game and also a meal at McDonalds afterwards if i remembered correctly. It was fun. I mean, at that point of time, we rarely met each other and it was a good catch up session. I went to watch Ariani perform at Uprising and she was awesome! Also this month's highlight was my cruise trip from SINGAPORE > PENANG > PHUKET > SINGAPORE. Five days on a cruise was definitely fattening but fun for me. We kept eating and eating all the way. They meaning me and my parents. HAHAHAHA! Also, i got to be part of the school's newsroom, Media Lab. I was appointed as the Deputy Photo Editor and my life became even more hectic than ever.
APRIL:
Best thing in April, FRESHMAN ORIENTATION. I got the opportunity and the honour of being a student leader and on top of that, the CEC chief student leader alongside with a few other great people. I mean it was definitely a great experience running a camp and also being part of the actual orientation programme. There were of course a few ups and downs along the way but the best take away was actually being able to be great friends with the freshies itself. I met a few great and talented people and til today, this people have never failed to acknowledged me whenever they see me around the school. Also i believe, without the freshies, the orientation programme would have been as amazing as it was.
MAY & JUNE:
Best thing in May would be none other than MY BIRTHDAY! Like OH YEAH! I turned 18! WHOOPWHOOP! HAHAHAHA! IG mates surprised me with a cake at Pizza Hut and i couldn't be more touched than ever. Parents pampered me by bringing me to my favourite Thai restaurant, Absolute Thai, in JB. It was a great birthday. As for June, it was just a Media Challenge set-up by RP for all budding journalist that were in Secondary schools. Shahliza and I got Macpherson Sec and we could not have been more proud of these kids. We split them up into 2 teams and my teams got into the final round. They didn't win but they got pretty close to it!
JULY:
The start of my favourite month, Fasting Month, Ramadhan! Alhamdulillah, I got through it well. Also, i got my best friends, Naqi and Tiny to join me on a charity project at Muhammadiyah and got them to get a feel of how i spend my Ramadhan every year doing charity projects. Also, i had also begun working but didn't last too long there. HAIS. And then, there was Iffa's birthday where i personally created a photobook for her, from scratch. And also Tiny's birthday where we did up a few things for him. U can check them out in my previous posts. :)
AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER, NOVEMBER & DECEMBER:
They all went by like a breeze because basically i was very busy with assignments and projects. Also, during this time, i met someone and it turn out to not work out as expected. Not gonna elaborate. But the best thing i remembered was going for IGNITE. For the first time, Tiny and I got passes to take photos in the pit and did a photo story on it. Great bands performed and i rocked out til every part of my body hurts. It was a great concert despite sacrificing my tickets to go watch Metallica! And also in this few months i did a few covers. Go check them out
Also, I had a great 2 weeks in Chiang Rai, Thailand. I went trekking, i build a community hall for them, performed for them, had a 1 day R&R, sight-seeing, shopping and most of all, made great friends like Anaqi, Khairil, Sam, Naqi, Benjamin, Zuo Quan, Dian, Affina, Humairah and obviously many more. These people made the trip so much more meaningful to me and taught me that in life, despite whatever the circumstances, if you keep going, you'll receive the rewards. For me, the reward i got was an experience that was priceless and could never be traded in for anything at all. I spent 2 weeks only with friends that now i deemed as family and i have learnt to live life as it comes.
And with that all being said, that was my 2013. I had laughs, I had tears, I had experience in my on course, I got opportunities I never expected and here I am, still pushing through another year that I hope will be filled with great things as well. I wish you all HAPPY AND BLESSED NEW YEAR!
![]() |
| "Peace begins with a smile" - Mother Teresa |


Comments
Post a Comment