Dedicated My Weekend to Awesome Music
I sure as hell aint sorry for not updating the whole damn week because this update is gonna kick major ass! Like i am super excited for this update. No its not about work but its gonna be about my weekend which was damn fun! Might be long, might be fileld with like dozens of pictures! Just a warning alright! Lets not wait anymore, we just gonna get to it!
Since last Tuesday when I found out that The Summer State was gonna perform at Esplanade, i was all jittery and excited and i just could not wait for the weekends to arrive. Like i was at work and all but all i was looking forward to was just my weekends just so that I can catch The Summer State perform live again! In case you guys do not know, I have had a very strong attraction to their music since they played at IGNITE last year and let me tell you, they left quite a huge impression on me. Knowing Paramore had played a very big part into making they are today, just made it all the more sweeter.
But they weren't the only band playing during the weekend. There was another band, An Honest Mistake that came all the way from Kuala Lumpur to this small little island, just to provide good music to people like me, who support local talent. Not knowing who they were on the first day, I was still rather excited about how their music was going to sound like.
On Saturday, An Honest Mistake had two slots and both Sam and I were wondering why. When they played for their first slot, they had this acoustic vibe and me, being a huge fan of acoustic music - doesnt matter what genre - fell in love with them almost immediately. But somehow, Sam and I were just too excited to watch The Summer State. I was showing huge love and support for them by wearing their t-shirt. It was the first time i wore that shirt out of the house and let me tell you, i was damn proud to strut down the street wearing their band name on my shirt. HELL YES! The second slot for An Honest Mistake was their real show where i finally realised how much talent these local talents really got! They were awesome!
The Summer State came on stage and let me tell you, Sam and I could not sit still. She was fan-girling at the bassist Edwin and as for me, i got a thing for vocalist and Bryan was just too damn cute not to fan-girl at. But disclaimer alert, we love everyone in the band equally. Yep yep! So they performed their songs and I died when they performed I Do I Don't. Its like my favourite song by them. Only God knows how hard i tried to keep quiet in the audience cos i was recording their performance.
After their performance, we got to meet up with the band members and as usual, being awkward turtles, we stood by the sidelines while everyone talked to them. When we finally got hold of Bryan, he was just so friendly. Like he remembered us and as a fan, i appreciate that alot. It isnt always that we get remembered by that way. He spent a while chatting with us and when he found out that we were living in Woodlands, he was surprised at the journey we were willing to travel just to watch them play. We waved hi to the other members and Edwin came to say hi and chatted with us as well. Like he remembered us as well. Like yeah!
Oh and here are the pictures for Saturday!
And guys, i know this is getting super long, so i'm gonna update Sunday on another post just right after this! Read that too okay! And the other photos will be up on my flickr. The link will be in the PART 2 post!


Comments
Post a Comment