Something I Thought I Lost
For years, i thought i lost the one thing i always cherished, FAMILY. As i grew up, i saw my aunts and uncles argue and eventually break apart. And as we cousins grew up, i started to feel left behind. Being the youngest cousins on my dad's side, it was hard not to feel inferior.
One by one, everyone started to get married, start having kids. And here i am, still struggling to finish school and slowly catch up to them. And when i finally caught up, i find myself to be left even further behind. And slowly, we all began to drift apart.
But this year, hari raya felt like a blessing. Suddenly, we had a group whatsapp and a plan for a raya convoy was in the planning. This weekend was something i would trade nothing for. Despite being a little under the weather, seeing all cousins gather together again and sharing conversations was something i thought i'd never experience again.
We were all together and this time around, i wasn't left out. I was old enough to be included in conversations and we joked about. I always loved how one gathering will always lead to another. We promised each other that the raya convoy would be an annual event for cousins. Now an upcoming plan is for the girls to hang out and have a day out, spa and relax.
I truly believe that sometimes, old experiences teach us a lot of things. If one makes and effort to being everyone together, insyaAllah, it will happen. Alhamdulillah, i finally found the one thing i thought i lost, FAMILY.
One by one, everyone started to get married, start having kids. And here i am, still struggling to finish school and slowly catch up to them. And when i finally caught up, i find myself to be left even further behind. And slowly, we all began to drift apart.
But this year, hari raya felt like a blessing. Suddenly, we had a group whatsapp and a plan for a raya convoy was in the planning. This weekend was something i would trade nothing for. Despite being a little under the weather, seeing all cousins gather together again and sharing conversations was something i thought i'd never experience again.
We were all together and this time around, i wasn't left out. I was old enough to be included in conversations and we joked about. I always loved how one gathering will always lead to another. We promised each other that the raya convoy would be an annual event for cousins. Now an upcoming plan is for the girls to hang out and have a day out, spa and relax.
I truly believe that sometimes, old experiences teach us a lot of things. If one makes and effort to being everyone together, insyaAllah, it will happen. Alhamdulillah, i finally found the one thing i thought i lost, FAMILY.


Comments
Post a Comment