Here's my two cents......
“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.”
― Confucius
So, its been some pretty hectic days recently. From sudden roadtrips, to bad news, to hanging out with friends then to reading some things that really got me thinking. Don't get me wrong, i mean no harm about what i'm about to write. But lets just say, i respect everyone's opinion and suggestions about what they themselves have to say based on the context of material they have to infer from. Kay, i'm starting too sound to smart, which is so not me at all, let me begin. So here's what i gotta say about some of the things i read and what people kinda told me.
Depression
Don't know how many times this words have become clear in my blog post but i guess i really gotta clear the air.
People always link feeling depressed with sadness. I don't blame them because it runs on a very fine line. Yes, depression may not always be link with a mental disorder but when it is, its a whole different level. I understand it is majorly easy to say, "Just be positive and it'll get better." I don't blame people for saying it, because it works. BUT I HAVE CLINICAL DEPRESSION = MENTAL DISORDER. For people who know me, i am a positive person. I smile, i laugh, i joke, i have fun. So how exactly does this make me stop being a depression patient? IT DOESN'T. It distracts me from the fact that i am a depression patient.
Here's what i honestly feel. Until you make time, to sit down for maybe an hour or two with someone who actually has clinical depression, you would not fully understand what they go through. Until you make time to listen to the way they speak and phrase themselves, you can keep telling them to 'BE POSITIVE'. Because all they can offer you is a nod of the head and a smile, knowing they've been doing exactly that for don't know how long now.
Understanding
I know in a tight knit group of friends, there is bound to be some conflicts. I personally do not deny it because i have my fair share of it. But i also know that there is always the few that would be more than willing to help out.
But here's my opinion. You want to help? Be my guest. But how sure that what you've read, researched, heard, known is the full story. Some people give a gist because its all they can afford to say in the moment. How can you help based on an information that isn't complete? I appreciate the fact that people want to help, i really do.
Wanting to Know
I know some people can be shy. Some people can be intimidated by others. Its only normal if you do not know the person, PERSONALLY. I understand. But here's what i feel about something.
When you have doubts, things you need to clarify, you would usually go up to a certain person and ask right? Like the specific person that is related to the doubts you have. Usually as a normal person, most would do that. But what happens when they ask a whole group of people, or someone who doesn't fully know how to answer the question? What happens when they know something, but wouldn't personally come up front about it?
I know, its not easy to do it, because i can't do it half the time either. But isn't it easier that way? Isn't it easier without a third party who might send the wrong kind of message and make people assume different things?
When you have doubts, things you need to clarify, you would usually go up to a certain person and ask right? Like the specific person that is related to the doubts you have. Usually as a normal person, most would do that. But what happens when they ask a whole group of people, or someone who doesn't fully know how to answer the question? What happens when they know something, but wouldn't personally come up front about it?
I know, its not easy to do it, because i can't do it half the time either. But isn't it easier that way? Isn't it easier without a third party who might send the wrong kind of message and make people assume different things?
Bottling Things
I don't mean it in a literal way of putting something in a bottle. I mean it in a keeping things to yourself and hoping it'll go away after a while.
I understand it is the nature of oneself to be like that sometimes. But that was what i used to be too. It is still what i am now. But at the end of the day, when i do explode, it doesn't feel very nice. I'm just saying, the nearest person would be your family. You can always share and open up. If not them, FRIENDS. Someone is always gonna be there, ready to listen.
Well, that's just my opinion and thoughts about certain things i've read recently. So i just wanted to my own words out there, just to maybe get my thought clear. My opinions may contradict your own because people think differently, I don't blame you, I respect you. But this is mine, and i hope you do the same.

Comments
Post a Comment