Promises
![]() |
| Credits to Google Images |
It scares me how many times we say the word promise and we end up not keeping to it. I used to say it all the time, just to get people off my back. You know how people just keep asking you to do something or even just keep pushing you over and over again, then you just end up saying. "Okay, I promise."
I'll admit, I've been guilty of not keeping my promises too. I've been in relationships where i promised my partner that I'll never leave. And to some, I've broken that promise because I walked away. To those people, I'm sorry. For I realise now how big of word promise is.
I stopped saying that word so freely since i was 19. I finally knew the weight that word held and now, I rarely ever use it on anyone. But I can't stop people from saying it to me. Recently, someone told me that he would never hurt me. He would never do things that other people have done to me. He promised. I wanted to tell him how much I wish he had not say it. That bloody heavy, burdensome word. For I hold on to promises like my life depends on it.
Now, he, that person, the one I held his promises for, has broken them. Not only am I hurt and disappointed, but i finally realised that promises aren't always kept and when it comes from someone else, you really can't expect much from it. No matter how sincere they sound when they made that promise, days later, it might not be as important to them as it did when they first said it.


Comments
Post a Comment